Xfinity TV stream app is an excellent platform to watch the recorded videos, on-demand videos, online streaming videos, TV channels, live shows, sports channels, etc. In order to make it more convenient for you, this post will provide a complete guide about Xfinity TV stream app, various ways to stream it, Xfinity remote codes, How to Refresh the Comcast TV Listings, RF Pairing of Remotes, what you need to get it activated, Xfinity Flex Vs X1, Xfinity TV Go and its advantages.
What is Xfinity TV
Xfinity is an video streaming app that can stream several live channels, on-demand TV shows, streaming videos, and much more similar to that of the OTT platform in an intuitive way. Also, It can stream a minimum of 140 channels and can gain more channels and shows; based on the different packages selected by the user. There are four major packages namely,
- Preferred Plus
- Digital Starter
- Digital Preferred
Fig. 1 – Introduction to Xfinity TV – a Guide to Utilize it Better
One of these packages can be chosen according to your requirement. And, Each package price may vary and the channels count also varies respectively. For instance, if we are a sports lover, you can choose the X finity Digital Preferred package so that you can enjoy more sports channels and also can get several live college games, press conferences from coaches, etc.
It also offers Bundle package or combo packs of both cable TV and Internet. This helps users to watch different videos from YouTube or any other social media. Some are listed below:
- Saver Pro + Double play
- Starter Pro + Triple Play
- Premier Pro + Double Play
What You Need to Get Xfinity TV
It is easy to bring ‘X’finity TV to your home. However, It requires very few things to enjoy all your favorite channels.
- An uninterrupted and reliable internet source,
- One of the ‘X’finity TV service provider and the supporting setup box, and
- The credentials need to be taken from the dealer to get paired.
Fig. 2 – Image of Voice Remote
Ways to Stream Xfinity TV | Guide
We have different ways to watch videos using ‘X’finity. The basic ways are:
- X1 DVR
- Xfinity on Demand
- Xfinity Stream App
Digital Video Recorder (DVR) is a recording device. With it, we can record many videos with crystal clarity and also another distinct feature is we can record different clippings from different rooms at the same moment.
Xfinity on Demand
It is used to watch the past and present TV shows and movies on the screen, free of cost. Also, We can watch the latest movies one month prior to other platforms like Netflix, Redbox etc.
‘Xfinity TV Go’ Stream App
The updated version of this app is also known as Xfinity TV Stream. Using this app, we can directly convert our tab or smartphone or any other smart gadget into TV. You can also use this app for streaming the recordings from X1 DVR. It has plenty of viewing options and effects which makes you have a splendid time.
Fig. 3 – (a) ‘X’finity Stream App (b) X1 DVR
Difference Between Xfinity Flex & Xfinity X1 | Xfinity Flex Vs Xfinity X1
The two basic differences between Xfinity Flex and Xfinity X1 are:
- With Xfinity Flex, you will be able to stream all the TV shows of past and present at any time free of cost. Also, It provides the setup box plus a remote along with the internet connection.
- Xfinity X1 is also able to stream all the TV shows of all the channels at any time with a paid version. Additionally, X1 also supports the recording option, so that the people who have busy schedules can record them and watch them in their leisure time. X-finity X1 is also good at streaming live channels which includes live sports and events that are broadcast without any interruption.
How to Refresh Comcast Xfinity TV Listings
It is very easy to refresh the Xfinity TV listings using the below mentioned Guide. But it can be done in two different ways. One is on screen and the other is online.
For On-Screen TV listings
- First, we need to load the TV listings and then click on the change button.
- Enter all the fields given in the grid such as zip code, time zone, etc.
- Then it will show a new list of TV channels in your drop-down box.
- Finally, click on the Save button to restore the refreshed list.
For Online TV listings
- First, we need to open the website to get Xfinity online TV listings.
- Then we need to change our location given in the top corner of the grid.
- To confirm the location, we need to enter the ZIP code in the required field.
- Then click on the search button to search the available listings in that particular location.
- Finally, click on the service area button, to check the listings provided in that service area; then click on the Save button to get an updated list.
Fig. 4 – Image of TV Listings
Xfinity TV Remotes
Some of the Remotes are:
- Xr16 Voice Remote
- Xr15 Voice Remote
- Xr11 Voice Remote
- Xr5 RF Remote
- Xr2 Remote
- Silver with grey okay/ select button
- Silver with Red Okay/ select button
- Digital Adapter Remote
Fig. 5 – Xr11 Xfinity Remote and its Codes
Xfinity Remote Codes
Below is a list of important Xfinity Remote Codes:
- LG 10178, 11265
- Panasonic 10051, 10250
- Sony 10000, 11100
- Sharp 10093, 10165
- Toshiba 10156, 11156
- Vizio 11758, 11756
- Samsung 10812, 10060
- Sanyo 10154, 10159
Procedure for RF Pairing of Xfinity Remote Using Codes
The procedure of programming a Remote to the TV is a sequential step by step process. It should be done carefully to enjoy the channels uninterrupted.
- First, we need to switch on the TV and Setup box.
- Then, we need to hold the “Setup” button on the LED TV until the remote gets powered on. It is indicated by change in the colour of LED from red to green.
- Now we need to press and hold the Xfinity button and enter the three-digit code which appears on the screen.
- Now it starts programming your TV using that code. Again it has some more steps after the TV has powered on.
- Repeat the second step and hold the setup button until the red button of the remote changes to Green colour.
- Then enter a five-digit or four-digit code concerning your TV which is mentioned above.
- Then it asks to enter an additional code that is given in the manual of the remote. Because each remote has separate unique codes.
- As the complete procedure has been done, the blinking of green colour light is the indication for the successful programming of channels.
Advantages of Xfinity TV
Xfinity TV has several advantages that benefit people of all ages. Also, it is trustworthy and affordable. Some of the advantages are as follows:
- It helps to select the preferred and required channels by choosing a separate TV listing.
- We can also label our cable boxes according to our convenience.
- Customization is easy because of flexible and simple settings.
- Also Provides various sources like on-demand videos, X1 DVR, streaming app, etc.
- The availability of voice remotes is an extraordinary feature for Xfinity TV.
- We can also watch recordings and other shows with the help of X1 DVR.
- With the help of a voice remote, we can change the channel or video by giving voice commands.
- Its Navigational keys play a vital role.