Arris Router Login for its Cable Modem has been a key issue for its users. With launch of Arris Cable Modem, it has become the market pioneer in home internet connectivity in no time. This post will discuss Arris Cable Modem, its types, how it works, step by step guide and ip address for Arris Router Login, key components of Cable Modem, advantages and disadvantages.
Table of Contents
- 1 What is Arris Cable Modem
- 2 Arris Cable Modem Types
- 3 Arris Router Login | How to Login to Arris Cable Modem
- 4 IP Address for Arris Router Login
- 5 Key Components of Cable Modem
- 6 How does Arris Cable Modem Work
- 7 Advantages of Arris Cable Modem
- 8 Disadvantages of Arris Cable Modem
- 9 Conclusion
What is Arris Cable Modem
Arris is the first to introduce DOCSIS Cable Modems in retails. Arris Cable Modems are DOCSIS version compliant and compatible with major U.S cable providers. DOCSIS ® is a registered CableLabs trademark. Cable Television Laboratories Inc. (CableLabs ®) was founded in 1988 by cable operating companies. It has helped cable operator members to integrate technology developments into their business goals.
Fig. 1 – Introduction to Arris Cable Modem
Arris Cable Modem offers bi-directional communication of data through Hybrid Fiber Coaxial (HFC), radio frequency channels, radio frequency over glass (RFoG) and coaxial cable infrastructure. Cable modems are often used to provide access to the broadband Internet.
In a cable network, data from the network (Internet) to the user (or individual computer) is referred to as downstream, whereas data from the user to the network (Internet) is referred to as upstream. This Network system has Cable Modem on the customer end and a Cable Modem Termination System (CMTS) at the cable provider’s end.
In 1995, a telecommunications equipment manufacturing company, Arris International Limited, was established. Arris has become the pioneer in home Internet access in the industry. Its Headquarters is situated in Suwanee, Georgia, USA.
CommScope (Global Network Infrastructure Provider Company) announced on November 8, 2018 that it will buy Arris International, including the repayment of debt, in a cash deal valued at $7.4 billion. This merger brought two of the General Instrument companies back together from a split in 1997. On April 4, 2019, the transaction was finalized.
Arris Cable Modem Types
Arris provides ultimate internet experience with or without built-in Wi-Fi. Arris is the world’s bestselling cable modem brand.
Some of the featured products of Arris are listed below:
- Arris SB8200
- Arris SB6190
- Arris SB6183
- Arris SB6141
- Arris SURFboard 8200 is a DOCSIS 3.1 Gigabit cable modem.
- It is ideal for 4K Ultra-HD video streaming and Virtual Reality gaming.
- It also has two 1-Gigabit Ethernet ports.
- Arris SURFboard 6190 is DOCSIS 3.0.
- Speeds up to 1.4 Gbps.
- The SB6190 allows HD video streaming and online gaming in real time.
- Arris SURFboard6183 DOCSIS 3.0, speeds up to 686 Mbps.
- It offers more speed and faster streaming and downloading for home use.
- It is perfect for low bandwidth household.
- The SB6141 is an inexpensive choice for your home network with its fast download speeds and 1-Gigabit Ethernet port.
Fig. 2 – Types of Arris Cable Modems
Arris Router Login | How to Login to Arris Cable Modem
Arris IP address is required to access the Arris router login page and web interface to configure it. Arris’s default IP address of most Arris Router(s) for login is 192.168.100.1 or 192.168.0.1. The step by step guide for Arris Router Login is as follows:
Step 1 – Open A Web Browser
In order to get started, open a web browser on a computer connected to the network.
Step 2 – Input the IP Address
Input the Arris IP Address “192.168.100.1” in the address bar and hit on ‘Enter’ key.
Step 3 – Click on Wireless Option
The Arris Router login page will show up after entering the number. To access the cable modem, click on the wireless option.
Step 4 – Provide Credentials
You’ll need original credentials for Arris Router Login. Once you enter the proper credentials, the admin control panel will be displayed. Many modems have default credentials printed at the bottom of the modem. Some modems print the credentials on the label.
Default username is “Admin” and password is “1234” or leave the space blank for Arris router login.
IP Address for Arris Router Login
The list of Arris IP addresses for Arris Router Login of some of its models are given below:
Fig. 3 – IP address for Arris Router Login
Key Components of Cable Modem
The key components of a Cable Modem are:
- Media Access Control (MAC) device
- Cable Modem Termination System (CMTS)
The Tuner links to the cable socket, often with the inclusion of a splitter that separates regular CATV (Cable Television) programming from the online Internet data channel. The Tuner simply receives the modulated digital signal and transfers it to the demodulator, as the Internet data comes from an otherwise unused cable channel.
The demodulator has 4 functions.
- Demodulator for Quadrature Amplitude Modulation (QAM) takes a radio-frequency signal and processes into simple signal by varying amplitude and signal of the wave, this is further processed by A/D Converter.
- The A/D (ADC) Converter accepts the signal and converts it into series of digital 1’s and 0’s.
- The Error Correction Module then checks the information obtained against an established norm, so that transmission problems can be detected and corrected.
- The network frames are in MPEG format, so an MPEG synchronizer is used to ensure that the data groups remain in order and in line.
Fig. 4 – Key Components of Cable Modem
Modulator converts digital data into radio frequency signals for transmission. This component is also known as ‘Burst Modulator’. It consists of 3 parts namely; a segment to insert information used on the receiving end for error correction, QAM Modulator and D/A (DAC) Converter.
The MAC (Media Access Control) sits between the cable modem’s upstream and downstream portions and serves as the interface between the different network protocols’ hardware and software portions. In case of a cable modem, all computer network devices have MAC’s, but the tasks are more complicated than those of a standard network interface card.
For this purpose, some of the MAC functions will, in most cases, be delegated to either the cable modem CPU or the user’s system CPU.
Microprocessor’s job depends on the design of the cable modem to be a part of computer system or to provide internet access with no computer support at all. Most of the MAC feature from the dedicated MAC module is still captured by the internal Microprocessor. The Microprocessor picks up MAC slack in systems where the cable modem is the sole device needed for Internet access.
Cable Modem Termination System (CMTS)
CMTS takes the traffic coming in from a group of customers on a single channel and directs it to an Internet service provider (ISP) for access to the Internet. The cable providers would provide or lease space at the head-end for a third-party ISP to provide accounting and logging servers, Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) to distribute and control the IP addresses of all users of the cable system.
How does Arris Cable Modem Work
Two primary components are included in the DOCSIS architecture: Cable Modem located on the customer premises and Cable Modem Termination System (CMTS) located at the headend of the CATV (Cable Television). A hybrid fiber-coaxial system is used by cable systems which support on-demand programming. Fiber optic lines deliver digital signals to system nodes where they are converted on coaxial trunk lines into RF channels and modem signals.
Fig . 5 – Image of CMTS (Cable Modem Termination System)
In order to ensure that streaming services receive the highest quality display without interruptions, the Arris Cable Modem is designed to provide a high-speed connection. For this specific reason, the SURFboard Modems are created, but they also create a range of other wireless routers that work well with high-speed connection and streaming services.
It is common for the CMTS to have separate F connectors for downstream and upstream communication. A common CMTS is a system that hosts downstream and upstream ports, where communications pass on a shared coax line in the customer premises and link to a single F connector on the cable modem. This helps the cable provider to have flexibility.
Advantages of Arris Cable Modem
- Unlike ADSL, the cable modem for Internet access does not rely on distance from the central cable office for its efficiency.
- A digital CATV system is designed to provide client households with digital signals at a specific standard.
- Speed and Reliability is high.
- Initial set-up is easy.
Disadvantages of Arris Cable Modem
- You will have to share the bandwidth when new users, especially heavy-access users, are connected to the channel, and will see your output deteriorate as a result.
- Other disadvantage is that, with many linked users in times of heavy usage, performance will be well below the theoretical maximums.
Arris is the world’s leading provider of services, linking millions of users to the internet around the world. It has a legacy of inventions such as digital TV and has also brought the first cable modem gateway to the home with wireless internet. In Home Networking, ARRIS drives creativity.
To better utilize the resources we need to understand how it works. Accordingly, we chiseled an article which can clear your questions like Arris Router Login, How Arris Cable Modem Works, its types and many other related questions. Hope You liked it. Will be great to hear from you all for how to improve this website further, which topics to include and any other queries.