We have often a requirement to convert files from one format to another. Specially when you need to send photo images of documents, you will need to convert it to PDF. How to Convert PNG to PDF? That’s quite easy. This post will discuss about what are PNG and PDF files, how to convert PNG to PDF Online and Offline using Windows, Mac, why is it necessary to convert.
What is PNG File
PNG File refers to Portable Networks Graphics File. It is one of the most popular image formats available which was created as an alternative to GIF (Graphics Interchange Format).
Fig. 1 – PDF Conversion from PNG
PNG Image File is a large file size that adopts lossless compression i.e., it preserves all the details of the image even when the file size is reduced.
What is PDF File
PDF File refers to Portable Document Format File developed by Adobe. It helps in presenting documents and preserves them from document formatting. Sharing a PDF File ensures that the recipient is able to view the file as you intended. It also holds multimedia files such as audio and video.
Fig. 2 – Image Shows conversion of Files
Why should you Convert to Pdf
PNG File cannot be locked by user to protect its originality and the original content might be manipulated in many ways. Hence converting to PDF is a secured option. Also accessing a pdf file across devices is easy.
How to Convert Png File to Pdf File
There are many options to convert to Pdf. They are:
- Conversion Using Mac
- Conversion Using Windows10
- Online Converters
Png to Pdf File Conversion Using Mac
Converting to PDF file on Mac is quite simple and you can follow the steps mentioned below to achieve the same:
- Open View > Show Preview.
- Locate the desired PNG image.
- Once opened, click ‘File’ in the top left corner.
- Select “Export as PDF” option as shown in Fig.3.
- Choose a file name and save to your desired location.
Fig. 3 – Conversion of .Png to .Pdf using Mac
Png to Pdf Conversion using Windows10
To convert using Windows10, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Locate the file you wish to change the format of and then right-click on it.
- Click on ‘Print’, on the pop-up window.
- ‘Print Pictures’ screen will open up.
- Choose “Microsoft Print to PDF” option.
- Click on ‘Print’ button on ‘Print Pictures’ screen.
- Enter the file name and choose the location you want to save your file to and click ‘save’.
- The image saved will be in pdf format.
Fig. 4 – Conversion using Windows10
Convert PNG to PDF Online
There are many online file converters which converts png file to pdf file in no time. You can choose to upload a single image or a batch of PNG images to be converted.
Fig. 5 – Online Converter
You can also drag and drop the png files and download them after its converted to pdf format or some websites give you an option to mail the file. Some of the online converters include: