Google Translate has become one of the most useful tools that offer real-time translations of any conversation made in different languages. The tool is free to use and developed by Google. When you type or ask google to translate any particular language, then the google assistant immediately translates your given words to that particular language and helps to understand the back and forth conversations made with the other person.
What is Google Translate
It mainly works on iOS and Android platforms. When you want to talk to a person who speaks another language then Google can help you with two apps for iOS and Android platforms.
You can translate dozens of languages by using the Google Translate App, either by typing a text or just speaking into the app. It can translate menus or signs written in a foreign language. The features are almost the same in both versions.
Google Translate allows you to translate any documents, sentences and websites to your required languages within a fraction of seconds. According to April 2021, it provides a translation of 100 billion words per day in 109 languages.
It doesn’t convert one language to another directly, it first converts it into English and then to the required language. This process makes the translation work easier. Google Neural Machine Translation is a device that translates complete sentences at a time not word by word.
How Does it work?
Google Translate can do the translation of text, which is written within still or moving images and speech. The Grammatical rules do not apply in it. The working principles are:
- First, you need to select a language pair in the Google Translate app.
- Write down the text or you can copy-paste from the source in the box.
- Translation of your target source immediately displays in the other box.
The above process may look so simple, however behind the screen there is a complex coding of web machine learning.
Types of Translations and their Functions
There are following types of translations:
Written Words Translation
Its purpose is to translate text or words to a target language
Its purpose is to translate uploaded documents into a foreign language. It accepts only the documents in the form of .pdf, .ppt, .txt, .doc, .ps, .rtf, .xls, .odf, .docx.
It will translate a complete web page to a selected language.
Mobile app Translation
“Tap to Translate“ is a new feature introduced by Google in the mobile app for instant translation.
Its function is to identify the text or words from the image and translate it on the screen.
Bilingual Conversation Translation
Its purpose is to translate conversation into different languages.
It is a process of translating the conversations into different languages.
About the Technology Behind the Google Translate
It works on neural machine translation and human handouts via the translation community. In September 2016, Google came up with its version known as Google Neural Machine Translation. This helps translate devices in making significant improvements on old methods like statistical-based machine translation.
The methodology of the google translate community is the same as Google’s local guide. First Google translate converts the given text intermediary language that is English and then into a target language. This is done by referring to the phrases with millions of documents.
Google does not translate word by word instead uses phrases together in its translations and this may affect the grammar within the text. There are no rules in correcting grammar in the translated text, so people cannot rely on it. There will be exceptions to rules, so it will break down the quality of translation.
How Does Google Translate Text to Hindi?
As per the survey, today there are 234 million Indian web users in India. To make the web more beneficial, Google Translate uses the new neural Machine Translation to translate widely used Indian languages such as Hindi, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Gujarat etc. into English.
Google Translation API introduced the Google translate Hindi गूगल ट्रांसलेट tool that once you start typing on one side of the text area and you can get translated to Hindi on the other side. You can easily translate any English words, documents, and sentences or phrases into Hindi. It takes a few seconds to translate to Hindi and in one request only 500 characters are allowed. It gives pretty accurate results but not 100% accurate, you will be able to know the basic idea along with a few modifications.
Google Translation software is developing by implementing new technology such as artificial intelligence to make Hindi translation more accurate. In the coming years, Google will be able to produce a more perfect translation in all the languages.
How to Download and Use Google Translate
You can freely translate text, photos, speech and handwriting in any language by using Google translate app or on the web.
Steps to download App are:
- To start translating, you first need to download Google translate app for Android.
- As per the instructions, set up Google Translate.
- Once you open app, you will ask to choose your primary language.
- Tap the down arrow to select the language from the list of languages
Select and Download Languages
- Click open the Google translate app.
- Select the language you want to work on from the drop-down arrow.
- Tap the download button next to the language.
- Sometimes it may ask you to download a language file.
- Finally it shows up your saved language file as downloaded.
Downloading languages helps to avoid slow downloads and to avoid data usage charges. Download languages on the device allow translation without a Wi-Fi connection.
How to Update and Remove Languages?
- Open the Google translate app.
- In the menu, tap on download languages.
- You can see a list of languages available and Options like:
- Upgrade to a higher quality language, click upgrade.
- To update a language, tap update.
- Delete a downloaded language from your device, click remove.
Features of Google Translate
- Translate Using Phone Camera: By using your phone camera, you can easily translate any text with the help of the google translate app. For example menus, handwritten notes, and signs can be translated through a phone camera.
- Translate in Real Time: The Translate app allows you to translate real-time conversations of different languages used by other people. For example, it can translate speech, classroom teaching etc.
- Pre Saved Data: Available save option in the google translate history helps to save words and phrases.
- Compatibility with other Apps: Option available to tap to translate in other apps without switching between translate app and another app.
- Gender-Specific translations: Gender-specific translations option is available in some languages. Both feminine and masculine translation options are available for gender-neutral words, phrases and sentences.
Since 2016, Google translate has been able to translate into 109 languages and is still working on improving the software to give the accurate meaning of the given text. The translation machine is still working on the set of rules of each language. Soon Google will be able to make the work of artificial intelligence as good as human translation service. Android app and iOS version for Google Translate remains the port of call for many users.
Read Also: Facetime – Working, Features, How to use Android With Facetime Deleting Accounts Online – How to Delete Yahoo, Google, Gmail Accounts