PUB Files are also Known as Publisher Files. They contain images, graphics, or formatted text. This post will discuss PUB File, how to open .pub files, how to convert PUB to PDF, how to Post Publisher Documents on Facebook and other FAQs.
What is Pub File
PUB is a file extension denoted as .pub, which represents the Microsoft Publisher file format. When you create content and save it in Microsoft’s Publisher Application, then your file will be saved as Filename.pub.
Fig. 1 – Introduction to PUB File
This application is available with Microsoft 365 (formerly Office 365) subscription only. If you do not wish to buy the subscription, but want to view .pub files, then opt for the Microsoft Publisher trial version. Microsoft Publisher is basically a desktop application.
Publisher Files are used to create greeting cards, newsletters, flyers, brochures, posters, etc. with a wide range of pre-designed templates. Also, this file format is widely used in websites and emails.
Fig. 2 – Sample Banner Created Using MS Publisher
How to Open Pub Files
There are many ways to view .pub files. Some of them are listed below:
- Using Microsoft Publisher Trial Version.
- Changing .pub File to Image File Format.
- Sending Publisher Document as an email.
- Publisher Document Exported as Webpage/Html.
- Downloading Software like CorelDraw or LibreOffice Draw.
- Converting .Pub files to PDF through Online Websites.
How to Use Microsoft Publisher Trial Version
Using the Trial version, you can view the files and also learn to create or edit Publications. Further, Even if the trial version expires, you could still use it to view Pub files. Launch Publisher Application and Click on Open > Filename to view .pub File.
Fig. 3 – In-built Templates in Publisher
How to Change .Pub File to Image File Format
Changing the File format from Publisher File to Image File is the easiest of all. Follow the steps mentioned below to change the file format.
- After creating the content in the publisher, go to File Menu.
- Scroll down to find Export > Change File Type.
- Different Image File types will be displayed.
- Choose the appropriate File type and click on ‘Save as’.
- Type your filename and save to your computer.
Fig. 4 – Changing File Format
How to Send Publisher Document as Email
If the Publisher file is sent as an email, then the receiver can view the Publication in the body of the mail. To use this option; Launch MS Publisher > File Tab > Share > Send Current Page. The User must have Microsoft Office Outlook, Outlook Express or Windows Mail installed.
Fig. 5 – Publisher Document Sent as Email
How to Export Publisher Document as Webpage/Html
Following the below-mentioned steps, you can export Publisher Document as Webpage/Html.
- Launch Microsoft Publisher.
- Then, click on the File tab > Export.
- Thereafter, click on Publish HTML.
- Different options to publish your publication as a webpage will be displayed (Webpage/html, Single File Webpage/html).
- Then, select any to export your file in one of the formats.
- Save the file to your computer and send it through email (Gmail, Yahoo etc.) as an attachment.
Fig. 6 – Publisher Document Exported as Webpage/Html
How to Download Software like CorelDraw or LibreOffice Draw
CorelDraw Application Software can be used as an alternative to Microsoft Publisher. You can create, view or edit .pub files. Follow the steps below to view the Pub files using CorelDraw.
- Download and open CorelDraw application software.
- Then, click on File > Open.
- Thereafter, select the PUB file you wish to open or view.
How to Convert Pub Files to PDF through Online Websites
Pub Files can be converted to Pdf using websites like:
How to Post Publisher File on Facebook
Facebook supports JPG, BMP, PNG, GIF and TIFF file formats. Hence, it is necessary to convert .pub file type to any of the supported file formats. To do this, you can follow the steps suggested above to change .Pub File format to Image File format.
Once the .Pub file format is changed;
- You can Log in to your Facebook account and go to your profile page.
- Then, Look for the “Add Photo” button in the Update Status box and click on it.
- After this, You can click on “Upload Photo/Video.” Click the “Browse” button to find the image file. Click “Open,” and then click on the “Post” button to upload the content onto your Facebook page.
Best Alternatives to Microsoft Publisher
Based on our research, we have tried to list out a few alternatives to Microsoft Publisher. They are:
- Adobe InDesign
- The Print Shop
- Adobe FrameMaker